Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate broker, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price you offer is critical. The most successful offers reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll research all the best comparable Sold properties to help you determine the smartest offer price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have few contingencies. However, I look out for your best interest and educate you on which contingencies to protect you as a buyer and will suggest a contingency, such as a professional home inspection. Actually I always suggest a 3rd party professional inspector… We’ll talk more about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate broker personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through the process and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. And I get to say… Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate broker who puts your best interests first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.